Thursday 1 January 2015

My Happy Ending

We just moved into 2015 and I can’t wait to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the past year. However, it’s going to take a while to let go of the wonderful 2014. It has been the best year of my life ever! It gave me so much happiness, so much trouble, so much love and bitterness that probably I will carry it forever in my heart. I mean is it ever entirely possible to let go off the past? I don’t think so...

I’m pretty sure, a year ago, my 2014 also started with a very determined set of resolutions – resolutions which I don’t even remember anymore. Hence there’s no way to tell whether I achieved them or not. But, I did achieve a lot of things which I probably didn't even plan to; things which will stay with me till the end. To start with, I met lots of new people. Some of them ended up being friends, some remained acquaintances and a very few I decided to keep a safe distance from. Some friendships matured and grew into stronger bonds while some went bitter and remained incomplete. But in the end I ended up with a group of people who I truly care about.

2014 gave me something I have never had before - self confidence. I never knew that a good haircut could actually give life a whole different dimension. Suddenly my Facebook profile was flooding with friend requests from handsome men! Who wouldn't want that? For the first time in my life people called me ‘pretty’. For the first time ever I got asked out. And for the first time ever I felt wanted, I felt desirable. Oh the wonders these little things do to boost self esteem! I also found out what people thought of me earlier and it wasn't bad either! Apparently my cheerful nature oozes positivism thus making me seem very welcoming. Hence, I ended up becoming the shoulder friends need every now and then to take a break from their lives. I actually enjoyed being the friend in need or the go-to girl for troubled souls.


The past year was wonderful and ended on a very happy note. Yes, there were losses, heartbreaks and some lessons learnt for life. But, it was my happy ending, the ending which marked the beginning of yet another dynamic year to come. I am prepared to take on the new responsibilities and challenges and I hope the year ahead is also packed with adventures, love, success and most importantly friendship. With arms wide open I welcome 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment