Thursday 15 January 2015

I'll Be There For You


Friends are a huge necessity of life. They fill our lives with joy. We do not have a say in who our parents, uncles, siblings or cousins will be. But friends are the family we choose for ourselves and if chosen wisely they are among the biggest assets a person can have. Our family is usually bound  to us by blood and has to be there for us irrespective of circumstance. But true friends are the ones who chooses to stand by us even if they do not have to.

I being a reserved person have a hard time making new friends. As a result I do not have many friends. But the few I do have, means the world to me and I hope I too am that special for them because now I am going to classify them into various types.


  • The Yogi Friend : No! This friend doesn't necessarily practice yoga but have a very calm and philosophical approach to life. Give them a chance to talk and they'll venture into their idealistic notion of how the perfect world should be and at times I do feel like shoving a sock into their mouth to shut them up, but in the end they are the one I go to for advice and they are the voice in my head when I need to make a decision.
  • The Virgin Love Guru Friend : I think lots of people have that one friend who has never been in any kind of committed relationship ever. Yet, when one needs relationship advice, they are the ones who will start dispensing the duties of a 'Love Guru' and on listening to them the first question that strikes us is, "Hello? If you know so much how come you've never dated anyone?"
  • The Douche Bag Friend : Yes, this person is a big time Douche Bag, probably not to us but definitely to everyone else. Other people consider this person an arrogant snob and at the same time wonder how the two of us are even friends! But we all know that in spite of the careless tough exterior this friend has a huge heart and loves us immensely.
  • The Fair Weather Friend : They are the friends who I am not constantly in contact with. "Are they studying?" NO IDEA! "Where do they work?" HOW SHOULD I KNOW? "Are they dating?" BEATS ME! Yet when we meet them after a long time, our lives enter the wonderful spring where we went our separate ways and we both know that we don't need to be in constant touch to love each other.
Yes, there are various kinds of friends and these classifications are just a tiny fraction of their versatile natures. But I do love them all dearly, just the way they are and I do not ever wish them to change. And yes, I'll be there for them whenever they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment