Thursday 26 February 2015

Little Bad Girl

The naughtiest girl I have ever known is my little baby sister. Well, she’s not that little – four more years and she’ll be done with school, but anyone who knows her well, starting from our neighbors to relatives, could vouch that she is indeed the most mischievous girl they have ever known! Even though she makes my life hell with her tomfoolery, she’s the person who adds spice and flavor to my otherwise mundane routine.

When she was little, the only people she would go to were my mother and grandmother. I desperately tried to make her come to me using chocolates and balloons as baits but the little devil knew better; the moment she got what she wanted, she would slip out of my grasp and run to our mum. However, as time has passed, I have secured the topmost position on her list of favorite people. Frankly, at home, she’s the only person who finds me funny – my parents do not understand sarcasm and all my quips and jokes would have fallen flat had my sister not appreciated them. I often find myself watching a perfectly harmless movie with my sister, but the moment our parents pass by, the characters of our movie end up sharing a long passionate kiss and my sister and I look at each other from the corner of our eyes gasping to keep our giggles to ourselves, and once our parents leave, we burst out laughing, unable to believe our apparent misfortune!

My sister isn’t a fan of vegetables. She screws up her face at every vegetarian preparation and if my attention falters for a moment, all her greens end up in my plate while I remain blissfully unaware of the transaction. When it comes to helping herself to the proteins, it’s like her eyes are fitted with physical balances and she minutely scrutinizes every piece of fish or meat before selecting the largest one even if it’s bigger by just a millimeter. My sister isn’t the flatterer type. She’s not afraid of voicing her thoughts. She is highly opinionated and sticks by her views till the very end. Changing her mind is a very difficult task. My sister is a die-hard fan of football and she literally goes crazy during the world cup season. She’s a connoisseur of good music and digs out nameless tracks by unknown musicians from every nook and cranny of the internet. At the same time, she’s also treasure trove of beauty tips and tricks and doesn’t shy down when it comes to sharing her vast knowledge on any subject.

My sister fills up my life with joy and excitement and I can say for a fact that she had made me a better person. She is the one person who sees through my pretense and always knows when I’m lying. Beneath her arrogant “I don’t care” attitude is a wonderful selfless person who makes my life worth living. She’s the one person I know I can count on forever. And however much I detest her incessant nagging and hooliganism, I know my life is empty without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment